I am a student with a disability
Support for your study
The Library works alongside AUT’s Disability Student Support to ensure students with impairments have access to all our resources.
We can help you
- Become familiar with the Library
- Search the website and catalogue
- Get items from the shelves
- Photocopy material and enlarge it if required
- Get information in different formats
- By posting or emailing photocopied material to you
- By sending books to you (including a free return courier bag)
Facilities and equipment
All AUT Libraries have wheelchair access and internal lifts or ramps. SeeLibrary locationsfor detail.
The Library’s Adaptive Technology Rooms at the City campus have computers with specialised software to help with your studies.
Equipment available for class use: FM transmitter and receiver systems, digital recorders, SmartPens, magnifiers and electronic dictionaries.
Deidre Ashton, the Library Disability Liaison Officer, can help familiarise you with the library.
Phone: (09) 921 9999 ext.8575